Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Give a shiny surface to (metal) using electrolysis.‘electropolished aluminium’
- ‘Parts coming off the machine typically do not have dross or slag left over from the cutting process, which means less time in the electropolishing postprocess.’
- ‘In the next step, the stents are put through electropolishing in order to smooth out their surfaces.’
- ‘Nitinol parts can exhibit heat-affected zones after thermocutting, crevices between grains, and sharp edges, which is why electropolishing nitinol parts is a necessary step.’
- ‘So laser-cut edges might require postprocessing work such as electropolishing or multistep chemical procedures.’
- ‘For example, coronary stents manufactured of 316L-grade stainless steel can undergo a wide range of annealing, passivation, electropolishing, and cleaning processes.’
- ‘In some cases, if the process or design limits the amount of recast present, electropolishing alone can remove surface contaminants.’
- ‘In addition to its laser processing, the company provides postprocessng operations such as electropolishing, annealing, surface finishing, and bending.’
- ‘A single-source supplier of metal device fabrication services can mark and engrave medical and surgical components and provide in-house laser welding, electropolishing, and passivation.’
- ‘This can be improved by mechanical polishing or electropolishing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.