One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of physiology that deals with the electrical phenomena associated with nervous and other bodily activity.
- ‘Perhaps in another twenty years, nanotechnology will make his original prediction come true, and it will be electrophysiology, not biochemistry, that underpins our treatment of the diseased brain.’
- ‘While in the UK, he developed two innovative techniques in electrophysiology, which revolutionized studies on sensory physiology.’
- ‘And there's cardiovascular support - anything from electrophysiology, like defibrillators, to the vascular stents and things like that.’
- ‘Many physical therapists obtain advanced specialty certification in cardiovascular and pulmonary therapy, clinical electrophysiology, geriatrics, neurology, orthopedics, pediatrics, and sports therapy.’
- ‘Intracardiac electrophysiological studies give valuable information about normal and abnormal electrophysiology of intracardiac structures.’
- ‘It was not until the 1980s that therapeutic cardiac electrophysiology emerged; this procedure, carried out while patients are conscious, uses wires passed percutaneously to the heart to ablate the cause of arrhythmias.’
- ‘For electromedical applications such as electrophysiology, the hub may also contain an electrical connector.’
- ‘The section on electrophysiology is clear and comprehensive but yearns for the more dynamic presentation that animation could provide.’
- ‘Research modalities such as immunohistochemistry, tissue culture, electrophysiology, and molecular biology are widely used in both disciplines.’
- ‘A basic animal neurobiology team will test each gene variant for gene-gene and gene-environment interactions at the level of behavior, pharmacology, electrophysiology and molecular biology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.