One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A popular style of music deriving from techno and rave and having a more ambient, esoteric, or cerebral quality.
- ‘He is long credited as the master of fusing Indian classical music with electronica.’
- ‘The band plays high-energy, uplifting music that effortlessly fuses jazz, funk, hip hop, electronica and world music.’
- ‘But they consistently stock their shelves with quality, alternative music, electronica and what have you.’
- ‘Her releases, flirting in turn with ambient, electronica, techno, dub and industrial have proven to be enduring records.’
- ‘Instead, their music successfully extends electronica's reach to meld with the multiplicity and playfulness of nature.’
2Electronic devices or technology considered collectively.
- ‘On show at the Electronica show was a device for controlling start and stop of motors without sensors.’
- ‘Who can bring a tear to your eye with a high tech electronica gadget that sits comfortably in the palm of his hand?’
1990s: from electronic + -a.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.