One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Symbols or other data in digital form attached to an electronically transmitted document as verification of the sender’s intent to sign the document.‘the new rules will make electronic signatures acceptable and speed up the application process’
- ‘The Electronic Transactions Act provides that an electronic signature has the same valid, binding and legal effect as a handwritten signature.’
- ‘The system is so secure that Congress used it last year to attach electronic signatures to a bill that was then sent to President Clinton via email.’
- ‘Signing a message makes use of your key by attaching an electronic signature to your message but not encrypting it.’
- ‘Even typing your name at the end of an e-mail may be deemed an electronic signature.’
- ‘In certain applications where an electronic signature is necessary, then some form of biometrics can be combined with a digital certificate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.