Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Symbols or other data in digital form attached to an electronically transmitted document as verification of the sender’s intent to sign the document.‘the new rules will make electronic signatures acceptable and speed up the application process’
- ‘Signing a message makes use of your key by attaching an electronic signature to your message but not encrypting it.’
- ‘The system is so secure that Congress used it last year to attach electronic signatures to a bill that was then sent to President Clinton via email.’
- ‘In certain applications where an electronic signature is necessary, then some form of biometrics can be combined with a digital certificate.’
- ‘The Electronic Transactions Act provides that an electronic signature has the same valid, binding and legal effect as a handwritten signature.’
- ‘Even typing your name at the end of an e-mail may be deemed an electronic signature.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.