Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Symbols or other data in digital form attached to an electronically transmitted document as verification of the sender’s intent to sign the document.‘the new rules will make electronic signatures acceptable and speed up the application process’
- ‘The Electronic Transactions Act provides that an electronic signature has the same valid, binding and legal effect as a handwritten signature.’
- ‘Signing a message makes use of your key by attaching an electronic signature to your message but not encrypting it.’
- ‘Even typing your name at the end of an e-mail may be deemed an electronic signature.’
- ‘The system is so secure that Congress used it last year to attach electronic signatures to a bill that was then sent to President Clinton via email.’
- ‘In certain applications where an electronic signature is necessary, then some form of biometrics can be combined with a digital certificate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.