One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The occupation, business, or activity of preparing and issuing books and other written material electronically rather than on paper.
- ‘Besides covering the business of publishing, he also reports on electronic publishing and runs the comics department.’
- ‘They offer unrivalled investment in journalism and are actively involved in electronic publishing.’
- ‘It operates in newspapers, magazines, local radio / TV, electronic publishing, and direct marketing.’
- ‘Journal publishing houses are launching electronic publishing formats that can display colour 3D diagrams and animations along with hyperlinked images and text.’
- ‘The voluntary agreement has worked well but the desire for statutory support has reflected a concern that ‘the early history and development of the UK electronic publishing industry is not lost’.’
- ‘Yet that same openness and anti-capitalist collectivism also mean the creation of a participatory vitality, one where simplified tools for electronic publishing generate new expression and audiences.’
- ‘The use of an electronic means of distribution meant acquiring then costly computers and other equipment to scan paper versions of legal documents to prepare them for electronic publishing.’
- ‘Her research interests include distributed publishing systems, electronic publishing, and information technology in journalism.’
- ‘Our investments in the Internet, electronic publishing and radio give us a broad and successful commercial base.’
- ‘So does he think that electronic publishing is the future for books?’
- ‘Without a contract specifying both paper and electronic publishing, an author could have two contracts for the same book.’
- ‘This information could be tracked if there were sufficient space in the publication, which is generally not an issue in electronic publishing.’
- ‘As time goes on, electronic publishing in general will become more and more important, and this is a giant step in that direction.’
- ‘This could set a precedent for authors receiving payment from their publishing company for both the print and electronic publishing of their work.’
- ‘Most publishers - in the U.S. at least - envision electronic publishing and e-books important to their future.’
- ‘My memory of that book is often kindled when I think of the issues that we face with electronic publishing and on-line teaching.’
- ‘The Principal had to take the drastic measure of closing down a professional diploma in electronic publishing when the course leader was lured away by the private sector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.