One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The occupation, business, or activity of preparing and issuing books and other written material electronically rather than on paper.
- ‘Besides covering the business of publishing, he also reports on electronic publishing and runs the comics department.’
- ‘The use of an electronic means of distribution meant acquiring then costly computers and other equipment to scan paper versions of legal documents to prepare them for electronic publishing.’
- ‘This information could be tracked if there were sufficient space in the publication, which is generally not an issue in electronic publishing.’
- ‘As time goes on, electronic publishing in general will become more and more important, and this is a giant step in that direction.’
- ‘Without a contract specifying both paper and electronic publishing, an author could have two contracts for the same book.’
- ‘My memory of that book is often kindled when I think of the issues that we face with electronic publishing and on-line teaching.’
- ‘This could set a precedent for authors receiving payment from their publishing company for both the print and electronic publishing of their work.’
- ‘So does he think that electronic publishing is the future for books?’
- ‘Most publishers - in the U.S. at least - envision electronic publishing and e-books important to their future.’
- ‘Our investments in the Internet, electronic publishing and radio give us a broad and successful commercial base.’
- ‘The Principal had to take the drastic measure of closing down a professional diploma in electronic publishing when the course leader was lured away by the private sector.’
- ‘It operates in newspapers, magazines, local radio / TV, electronic publishing, and direct marketing.’
- ‘Her research interests include distributed publishing systems, electronic publishing, and information technology in journalism.’
- ‘The voluntary agreement has worked well but the desire for statutory support has reflected a concern that ‘the early history and development of the UK electronic publishing industry is not lost’.’
- ‘Yet that same openness and anti-capitalist collectivism also mean the creation of a participatory vitality, one where simplified tools for electronic publishing generate new expression and audiences.’
- ‘Journal publishing houses are launching electronic publishing formats that can display colour 3D diagrams and animations along with hyperlinked images and text.’
- ‘They offer unrivalled investment in journalism and are actively involved in electronic publishing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.