One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flash from a gas-discharge tube, used in high-speed photography.
- ‘Also, unless you're desperate for light, try to shoot with the existing light - nothing kills spontaneity like the blast of an electronic flash.’
- ‘He was the first to use electronic flash in medical photography.’
- ‘Different electronic flashes may have more complex circuitry than this, but most work in the same basic way.’
- ‘He doesn't use a panoramic camera or an electronic flash.’
- ‘That application of magnesium has now become outdated because of the general availability of electronic flashes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.