Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A spectroscopic method of locating electrons within the molecules of a paramagnetic substance.
- ‘This domain size range is from two to three orders of magnitude larger than that estimated from electron spin resonance and fluorescence spectroscopy experiments and from modeling.’
- ‘Models for the helical structure have been developed based on NMR, electron spin resonance, infrared, and circular dichroism data, as well as computer simulations.’
- ‘Spectroscopic methods as NMR and electron spin resonance considered thereafter are sensitive to short-range interactions and appropriate to the measurement of the molecular order and dynamics.’
- ‘From radiocarbon to luminescence, uranium-series and electron spin resonance, the results were the same.’
- ‘The effects on lipid dynamics have been investigated by spin-label electron spin resonance spectroscopy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.