One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The diffraction of a beam of electrons by atoms or molecules, used especially for determining crystal structures.
- ‘To this were added inter-helical distance constraints derived from intermediate-resolution electron diffraction studies to define the packing of the helical bundle.’
- ‘This is reminiscent of the two-dimensional projection Fourier map obtained experimentally by electron diffraction.’
- ‘This study has been undertaken to extend earlier electron diffraction work in which the M-state was trapped by a similar protocol.’
- ‘An advantage in using electron diffraction from crystals over imaging for evaluating the effect of energy filtering is that quantitative analyses can be carried out for high-resolution data more easily and reliably.’
- ‘That work led to their discovery of electron diffraction in 1927.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.