One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stream of electrons in a gas or vacuum.
- ‘Finally we stained the sample, attaching heavy-metal ions to increase its electron density in the electron beam.’
- ‘Now we may be witnessing yet another radical reduction in size following the construction of an electron beam that measures just a few atoms across.’
- ‘This random emission of photons leaves the resulting electron beam with a fuzzy, rather than a sharply defined focus.’
- ‘In the space between the flat type screen and the back electrode, linear cathodes and an electrode unit including an electron beam extracting electrode are arranged.’
- ‘The electron beam starts at the top-left of the screen and magnetic fields are used to ‘sweep’ this beam across the screen in parallel horizontal lines (if you look closely at a tv screen you can see these lines).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.