One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The recording of the electrical activity of muscle tissue, or its representation as a visual display or audible signal, using electrodes attached to the skin or inserted into the muscle.
- ‘Nerve conduction studies and electromyography showed a pattern consistent with an axonal peripheral neuropathy, severe in the lower extremities and minimal in the upper extremities.’
- ‘In the segmental disorders, they are useful in determining muscle wasting, fatty infiltration, and in the selective involvement of muscle groups for muscle biopsy and electromyography sites.’
- ‘However, these tests are not as diagnostic as electromyography or muscle biopsy.’
- ‘Large adults of such species might afford the opportunity to use electromyography to study the activity of head muscles during feeding in these snakes.’
- ‘In some cases, nerve conduction velocities and electromyography may be used to confirm the diagnosis if treatment for presumptive neuropathic heel pain fails to improve symptoms.’
- ‘The ‘real’ resting of the respiratory muscles may be assessed by invasive evaluation of the respiratory muscle pressures or by electromyography.’
- ‘Electrodiagnostic assessments such as needle electromyography and nerve conduction studies are useful in differentiating peripheral neuropathy from radiculopathy or myopathy.’
- ‘Laryngeal studies that can have both diagnostic and prognostic value include laryngeal videostroboscopy, laryngeal electromyography, and acoustic and aerodynamic measurements of laryngeal function.’
- ‘Provisional arrangements had been made for electromyography and muscle biopsy, in case she had polymyositis.’
- ‘However, the use of ultrasonography, electromyography, thermography, and muscle biopsy has been studied.’
- ‘During each leg press, they measured muscle activity of the vastus medialis and the vastus lateralis by attaching electromyography electrodes to each muscle.’
- ‘In conditions with very localised muscle overactivity in delicate places, such as strabismus, the injections are usually guided by electromyography.’
- ‘The technique of electromyography, the recording of electrical activity in active muscles, provided this link and remains an integral component of the contemporary functional morphologist's toolbox.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.