One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A difference in potential that tends to give rise to an electric current.
- ‘The inductance of the loop is going to resist the change in magnetic field within it and an emf will be generated.’
- ‘One can view such structures as miniature circuits: A time-varying magnetic field induces an electromotive force in the plane of the element, driving currents within the conductor.’
- ‘When this happens electrons move an electromotive force such as voltage, and in hitting these atoms, also create heat via friction of the electrons and atoms.’
- ‘From the graph, the mean leak conductance and the mean transcellular electromotive force were estimated.’
- ‘The immune system responds with an opposing behavior, a net electric energy gradient or electromotive force, which is brought about by complicated intracellular processes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.