One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The range of wavelengths or frequencies over which electromagnetic radiation extends.
- ‘The radio frequency electromagnetic spectrum is more important to the Department of the Navy today than it has ever been in the more than 100-year history of radio.’
- ‘The electromagnetic spectrum is composed of a range of radiation frequencies from radio waves to X-ray and gamma waves.’
- ‘The frequency range of the electromagnetic spectrum that is visible to the human eye (and which we refer to as ‘color’) is a very small region in the entire range of photon energies we have observed in nature.’
- ‘The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end.’
- ‘The terahertz region lies between electronic and optical wave frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum, and ranges from 100 GHz to 10 THz in frequency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.