One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the interrelation of electric currents or fields and magnetic fields.
- ‘Maxwell believed electromagnetic waves such as light to be vibrations in the ether.’
- ‘The first step was the realization that electromagnetic energy cannot always be treated simply as a wave passing through space.’
- ‘It does this by applying current to the electromagnetic clutch just ahead of the rear differential, locking it entirely if necessary.’
- ‘There could also be waves of electromagnetic energy both shorter and longer than visible light.’
- ‘The unifying feature of this theory was that it unified Einstein's theory of gravitation and Maxwell's electromagnetic theory.’
- ‘Water is a good conductor of electricity and could be channeling electromagnetic currents of the Earth.’
- ‘The two systems contain quartz-like properties and an electromagnetic current.’
- ‘For example, the electromagnetic force between a proton and an electron is 10 times stronger than the gravitational force.’
- ‘An electromagnetic current stimulates the toxins in your body, which then exit via the 2,000 sweat glands on each foot.’
- ‘They made sure it wasn't some kind of electromagnetic disturbance, such as a solar flare or lightning.’
- ‘Light is an electromagnetic wave that can carry angular momentum by way of circular polarization.’
- ‘They are the electromagnetic interaction, the weak interaction and the strong interaction.’
- ‘In fact gravitational interaction is about 10 times weaker than the electromagnetic.’
- ‘Now researchers have used a slab of a new kind of material to focus diverging electromagnetic waves into a narrow cone.’
- ‘Thus, the higher the energy of the incoming particles, the stronger the electromagnetic interaction it feels.’
- ‘The electromagnetic security fields appear to have no effect on these devices.’
- ‘In many ways, however, the weak force resembles the electromagnetic force.’
- ‘This energy is then re-emitted as an electromagnetic wave with the same frequency of the original wave.’
- ‘An alternative approach is to use electromagnetic rather than seismic information.’
- ‘Classical electromagnetic theory then requires that in this process they should radiate away some of their energy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.