Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting nickel plating using chemical means, as opposed to electroplating.
- ‘One solution is to plate the aluminum polygon with electroless nickel and then polish the nickel surface.’
- ‘The work involved depositing a resistive nickle-phosphorus layer using electroless plating on a copper foil.’
- ‘Direct electroless nickel deposition on magnesium alloys offers benefits to the conventional zincate treatment.’
- ‘The pistol was refinished with an attractive electroless nickel.’
- ‘The grooved mating surface is covered by a layer of nickel having a consistent thickness, preferably by means of electroplating, sputtering, electroless plating, or as a foil.’
- ‘In addition, stannates work on aluminum and fluoride chemical films on magnesium as a pretreatment for electrolytic or electroless plating.’
- ‘The gun that came out of Devel as a Basic Combat Conversion, shortened and electroless nickeled, looked like it grew that size, but still packed a punch.’
- ‘They also hoped histidines would produce a more evenly distributed metallic coat than can be accomplished with electroless coating.’
- ‘The first three things that caught my eye were the beautiful stock, the chrome vanadium steel receiver finished in electroless nickel, and the rather slender, round barrel.’
- ‘Some of the alternatives on the market are chromium based; others include HVOF thermal spray, alloys and electroless nickel.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.