One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting nickel plating using chemical means, as opposed to electroplating.
- ‘The gun that came out of Devel as a Basic Combat Conversion, shortened and electroless nickeled, looked like it grew that size, but still packed a punch.’
- ‘They also hoped histidines would produce a more evenly distributed metallic coat than can be accomplished with electroless coating.’
- ‘The first three things that caught my eye were the beautiful stock, the chrome vanadium steel receiver finished in electroless nickel, and the rather slender, round barrel.’
- ‘Some of the alternatives on the market are chromium based; others include HVOF thermal spray, alloys and electroless nickel.’
- ‘Direct electroless nickel deposition on magnesium alloys offers benefits to the conventional zincate treatment.’
- ‘In addition, stannates work on aluminum and fluoride chemical films on magnesium as a pretreatment for electrolytic or electroless plating.’
- ‘The work involved depositing a resistive nickle-phosphorus layer using electroless plating on a copper foil.’
- ‘The grooved mating surface is covered by a layer of nickel having a consistent thickness, preferably by means of electroplating, sputtering, electroless plating, or as a foil.’
- ‘The pistol was refinished with an attractive electroless nickel.’
- ‘One solution is to plate the aluminum polygon with electroless nickel and then polish the nickel surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.