Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the flow of electricity.
- ‘The pump is electrokinetic, completely silent, and has no moving parts.’
- ‘Sensitivity can be readily increased by derivatizing with a UV-absorbing or fluorescent species and separation by micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography.’
- ‘Studies drawing on both electrokinetic phenomena and slip boundary conditions are offering in-depth understanding of microfluid flow in restricted microchannels.’
- ‘The Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering reports that professors from the University of Alberta have found a way to produce electricity with electrokinetic energy generated from water.’
- ‘The fluid is moved through the channels by means of the electrokinetic effect created by an applied electric field.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.