One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The measurement of electrical activity in different parts of the brain and its recording as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen).
- ‘Initial investigations, including computed tomography of the brain and 24 hour electroencephalography, gave normal results.’
- ‘Standard 21-channel electroencephalography was performed on those infants noted to be eligible.’
- ‘Many different specialties use electroencephalography services.’
- ‘Useful clinical investigations for the diagnosis of RS are electroencephalography monitoring and brain magnetic resonance imaging studies.’
- ‘Supportive measures would include video recordings of the events, expert electroencephalography interpretation, and access to tertiary neuroradiology and paediatric neurology services.’
- ‘In October 1999, Ms W underwent a second neurosurgical procedure under local anesthesia with intraoperative electroencephalography.’
- ‘The goal of brain wave biofeedback is to teach people to control their own brain wave patterns using electroencephalography feedback.’
- ‘One of these techniques is quantitative electroencephalography imaging, a measure associated with blood flow in the brain.’
- ‘The American Academy of Neurology has published guidelines on the use of electroencephalography to evaluate the occurrence of a first seizure in children.’
- ‘Thus it is widely known that you need to request electroencephalography in a patient with ‘funny turns’ in order to prove or exclude epilepsy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.