Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Dialysis in which the movement of ions is aided by an electric field applied across the semipermeable membrane.
- ‘Research and development is being undertaken on most membrane processes, including reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration, microfiltration, and electrodialysis.’
- ‘The development of electrodialysis provided a cost-effective way to desalt brackish water and spurred considerable interest in this area.’
- ‘Electrodialysis (ED) is used to transport salt ions from one solution through ion-exchange membranes to another solution under the influence of an applied electric potential difference.’
- ‘One possible application of electrodialysis is the desalination of water.’
- ‘Electricity generators are also replacing some of the disinfection and cleansing chemicals by installing systems using ozone, electrodialysis, and reverse osmosis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.