Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The coagulation of blood or other tissues by the local application of an electric current to produce concentrated heat.
- ‘Thoracoscopic excision or destruction by electrocoagulation of the T2 and T3 sympathetic ganglia is difficult.’
- ‘Argon plasma coagulation is a mode of noncontact electrocoagulation that has been increasingly used as an alternative to contact electrocautery and noncontact laser therapy.’
- ‘In control group procedures, electrocoagulation was used to transect small vessels, and knot tying was employed for the superior thyroid vessels, the thyroid vein, and some inferior arterial branches.’
- ‘The next line of therapy involves the use of semi-invasive non-surgical modalities including electrocoagulation, sclerotherapy, cryotherapy, photocoagulation, and diathermy.’
- ‘The major modalities in electrosurgery are electrodesiccation, fulguration, electrocoagulation, and electrosection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.