One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cautery using a needle or other instrument that is electrically heated.
- ‘Due to its common application in general surgery and gastroenterology, electrocautery equipment is available in almost every operating room.’
- ‘Nonetheless, other therapeutic modalities, such as cryotherapy or electrocautery, could be equally as effective as laser therapy for the treatment of endoluminal lesions.’
- ‘As used here, the term ‘diathermy’ does not include electrocautery and electrosurgical devices or ultrasonic imaging devices.’
- ‘Side effects of electrocautery include bleeding, airway perforation, endobronchial fire, as well as damage to the bronchoscope.’
- ‘I am a new perioperative nurse who would like to know the difference between electrocautery and electrosurgery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.