One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cautery using a needle or other instrument that is electrically heated.
- ‘Nonetheless, other therapeutic modalities, such as cryotherapy or electrocautery, could be equally as effective as laser therapy for the treatment of endoluminal lesions.’
- ‘Side effects of electrocautery include bleeding, airway perforation, endobronchial fire, as well as damage to the bronchoscope.’
- ‘Due to its common application in general surgery and gastroenterology, electrocautery equipment is available in almost every operating room.’
- ‘I am a new perioperative nurse who would like to know the difference between electrocautery and electrosurgery.’
- ‘As used here, the term ‘diathermy’ does not include electrocautery and electrosurgical devices or ultrasonic imaging devices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.