One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The measurement of electrical activity in the heart and its recording as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen), using electrodes placed on the skin of the limbs and chest.
- ‘In the clinical assessment of chest pain, electrocardiography is an essential adjunct to the clinical history and physical examination.’
- ‘Typical indications for paediatric electrocardiography include syncope, exertional symptoms, tachyarrhythmias, bradyarrhythmias, and drug ingestion.’
- ‘A clinical history and examination, 12 lead electrocardiography, and measurement of troponin concentration are the essential diagnostic tools.’
- ‘Electrocardiography, stress electrocardiography, echocardiography and cardiac scan with dipyridamole test, as well as carotid Doppler ultrasonography, showed no abnormalities.’
- ‘Chest radiography and electrocardiography also may point at the diagnosis of CHF.’
- ‘Chest radiography, electrocardiography, and cranial ultrasonography were normal.’
- ‘The chest radiography and electrocardiography may be useful in proving alternative diagnoses but rarely are diagnostic of PE.’
- ‘Chest radiography and electrocardiography are useful in the initial evaluation of patients with mitral stenosis.’
- ‘An initial diagnostic workup including electrocardiography, chest radiography, transthoracic echocardiography, and measurement of troponins and D-dimer should help differentiate between the three diagnoses.’
- ‘All patients had a physical examination, chest radiography, echocardiography, supine 12 lead electrocardiography, blood pressure measurements, and blood samples taken.’
- ‘Parameters that are measured by computerized systems are blood pressure, electrocardiography, heart rate, ventilation, oxygen saturation, oxygen uptake, and carbon dioxide output.’
- ‘The addition of natriuretic peptide measurements and electrocardiography further increases the accuracy of the diagnosis’
- ‘Participants received baseline electrocardiography; a medical history and physical examination were obtained; and several depression scales were administered.’
- ‘Physical examination, simple laboratory tests, such as hematocrit, renal function, and electrolytes, and electrocardiography provide incremental information.’
- ‘Although open access echocardiography is now increasingly available, appropriate pre-referral investigations include chest radiography, 12 lead electrocardiography, and renal chemistry.’
- ‘After a careful history and examination, electrocardiography and chest radiography are first line investigations.’
- ‘At study entry we obtained a medical history and did a full neurological and physical examination, including electrocardiography.’
- ‘They recommended expeditious evaluation of these patients, including a history, a physical examination, and electrocardiography.’
- ‘Heart rate, oxygen saturation, and blood pressure were recorded by electrocardiography, pulse oximetry, and sphygmomanometry, respectively.’
- ‘Other useful diagnostic tests include electrocardiography, chest radiography, complete blood count, clotting screen and determination of electrolyte and creatinine concentrations.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.