One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine used for electrocardiography.
- ‘Data from an onboard electrocardiograph machine will also be sent to hospitals.’
- ‘An electrocardiograph and a chest radiograph should also be obtained.’
- ‘One treatment room in each pod includes an electrocardiograph, minor surgical equipment, respiratory treatment equipment, and a fully equipped crash cart for emergencies.’
- ‘One of the most important tests is the electrocardiograph.’
- ‘The electrocardiograph was among the earliest useful medical electronic instruments, having been coupled to an amplifier about 75 years ago.’
- ‘However, a patient activated electrocardiograph showed ventricular tachycardia during a symptomatic spell.’
- ‘They include storage of electrocardiographs for subsequent review.’
- ‘Our design of the sensor, in fact, handles this through two of the additional ECG channels that the targeted electrocardiographs provide.’
- ‘Most of the interference related to disturbance of the signal on monitors, such as electrocardiographs, confirmed by data from the United States.’
- ‘Mean QRS axis values were automatically calculated by the electrocardiograph.’
- ‘One brother, now a retired consultant physician, told me that when he started medical school electrocardiographs of this size were still in use.’
- ‘An equal number of medical stations were set up in an adjacent ‘green zone,’ equipped with nebulisers and pulse oximeters and electrocardiograph machines.’
- ‘Patients with signs of aortic stenosis on physical examination should undergo testing, including chest x-ray, electrocardiograph and echocardiograph.’
- ‘Information about its function comes from other investigations, the earliest and most widely used of which is the electrocardiograph, which records the electrical activity of the heart.’
- ‘A second electrocardiograph was attached and an intravenous cannula inserted, and I was given some diamorphine.’
- ‘But the press secretary said medical tests, including X-rays, an electrocardiograph and blood tests, found a slightly elevated cholesterol count and gallstones.’
- ‘The company's product line includes units for performing electrocardiographs, stress testing, vital sign monitoring, and patient record management.’
- ‘The electrocardiograph showed ST segment elevation in the anterior leads.’
- ‘Your heartbeat is monitored throughout the procedure using an electrocardiograph machine.’
- ‘When a suspected heart attack victim arrives at the emergency department an electrocardiograph is carried out to confirm the condition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.