One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine used for electrocardiography.
- ‘An electrocardiograph and a chest radiograph should also be obtained.’
- ‘When a suspected heart attack victim arrives at the emergency department an electrocardiograph is carried out to confirm the condition.’
- ‘They include storage of electrocardiographs for subsequent review.’
- ‘However, a patient activated electrocardiograph showed ventricular tachycardia during a symptomatic spell.’
- ‘An equal number of medical stations were set up in an adjacent ‘green zone,’ equipped with nebulisers and pulse oximeters and electrocardiograph machines.’
- ‘The electrocardiograph was among the earliest useful medical electronic instruments, having been coupled to an amplifier about 75 years ago.’
- ‘Our design of the sensor, in fact, handles this through two of the additional ECG channels that the targeted electrocardiographs provide.’
- ‘The company's product line includes units for performing electrocardiographs, stress testing, vital sign monitoring, and patient record management.’
- ‘Most of the interference related to disturbance of the signal on monitors, such as electrocardiographs, confirmed by data from the United States.’
- ‘Mean QRS axis values were automatically calculated by the electrocardiograph.’
- ‘One brother, now a retired consultant physician, told me that when he started medical school electrocardiographs of this size were still in use.’
- ‘The electrocardiograph showed ST segment elevation in the anterior leads.’
- ‘Patients with signs of aortic stenosis on physical examination should undergo testing, including chest x-ray, electrocardiograph and echocardiograph.’
- ‘Information about its function comes from other investigations, the earliest and most widely used of which is the electrocardiograph, which records the electrical activity of the heart.’
- ‘A second electrocardiograph was attached and an intravenous cannula inserted, and I was given some diamorphine.’
- ‘One treatment room in each pod includes an electrocardiograph, minor surgical equipment, respiratory treatment equipment, and a fully equipped crash cart for emergencies.’
- ‘One of the most important tests is the electrocardiograph.’
- ‘Data from an onboard electrocardiograph machine will also be sent to hospitals.’
- ‘Your heartbeat is monitored throughout the procedure using an electrocardiograph machine.’
- ‘But the press secretary said medical tests, including X-rays, an electrocardiograph and blood tests, found a slightly elevated cholesterol count and gallstones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.