One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine used for electrocardiography.
- ‘However, a patient activated electrocardiograph showed ventricular tachycardia during a symptomatic spell.’
- ‘The electrocardiograph was among the earliest useful medical electronic instruments, having been coupled to an amplifier about 75 years ago.’
- ‘They include storage of electrocardiographs for subsequent review.’
- ‘The electrocardiograph showed ST segment elevation in the anterior leads.’
- ‘Your heartbeat is monitored throughout the procedure using an electrocardiograph machine.’
- ‘The company's product line includes units for performing electrocardiographs, stress testing, vital sign monitoring, and patient record management.’
- ‘Information about its function comes from other investigations, the earliest and most widely used of which is the electrocardiograph, which records the electrical activity of the heart.’
- ‘One of the most important tests is the electrocardiograph.’
- ‘An electrocardiograph and a chest radiograph should also be obtained.’
- ‘Mean QRS axis values were automatically calculated by the electrocardiograph.’
- ‘Data from an onboard electrocardiograph machine will also be sent to hospitals.’
- ‘A second electrocardiograph was attached and an intravenous cannula inserted, and I was given some diamorphine.’
- ‘Patients with signs of aortic stenosis on physical examination should undergo testing, including chest x-ray, electrocardiograph and echocardiograph.’
- ‘Our design of the sensor, in fact, handles this through two of the additional ECG channels that the targeted electrocardiographs provide.’
- ‘An equal number of medical stations were set up in an adjacent ‘green zone,’ equipped with nebulisers and pulse oximeters and electrocardiograph machines.’
- ‘But the press secretary said medical tests, including X-rays, an electrocardiograph and blood tests, found a slightly elevated cholesterol count and gallstones.’
- ‘One brother, now a retired consultant physician, told me that when he started medical school electrocardiographs of this size were still in use.’
- ‘One treatment room in each pod includes an electrocardiograph, minor surgical equipment, respiratory treatment equipment, and a fully equipped crash cart for emergencies.’
- ‘When a suspected heart attack victim arrives at the emergency department an electrocardiograph is carried out to confirm the condition.’
- ‘Most of the interference related to disturbance of the signal on monitors, such as electrocardiographs, confirmed by data from the United States.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.