One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Osmosis under the influence of an electric field.
- ‘Electrochemical methods of stabilization involve the reduction of water content by electro-osmosis.’
- ‘This is well established by studies on electro-osmosis and streaming potentials.’
- ‘Upon application of an electric field, electro-osmosis generates bulk fluid flow in the device, and a protocol for eliminating this flow by attaching a polymer brush to all silicon oxide surfaces is shown to be effective.’
- ‘Brennan learned of a system of electro-osmosis for dealing with rising damp without chemicals.’
- ‘In vascular plant biology, electro-osmosis is also used as an alternative or supplemental explanation for the movement of polar liquids via the phloem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.