One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Osmosis under the influence of an electric field.
- ‘In vascular plant biology, electro-osmosis is also used as an alternative or supplemental explanation for the movement of polar liquids via the phloem.’
- ‘Electrochemical methods of stabilization involve the reduction of water content by electro-osmosis.’
- ‘Upon application of an electric field, electro-osmosis generates bulk fluid flow in the device, and a protocol for eliminating this flow by attaching a polymer brush to all silicon oxide surfaces is shown to be effective.’
- ‘Brennan learned of a system of electro-osmosis for dealing with rising damp without chemicals.’
- ‘This is well established by studies on electro-osmosis and streaming potentials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.