One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of science that deals with the effect of electric fields on light and on the optical properties of substances.
- ‘The technology that can deliver is electro-optics.’
- ‘At 40 Gbps, electronics and electro-optics must work significantly faster than in today's 2.5 - Gbps and 10 - Gbps systems.’
- ‘Israel also wants to increase cooperation with India in other areas, including agricultural biotechnology, lasers and electro-optics and information technology.’
- ‘We've been working with a few defense contractors and companies in the electro-optics business that are considering expansions.’
- ‘Awarded annually, the Gold Medal of the Society recognizes outstanding engineering or scientific accomplishments in optics, electro-optics, or photographic technologies or applications.’
- ‘Always keen on learning more, he was attracted to the field of laser optics and worked for a time as a certified laser electro-optics technician in southern California while continuing to run his own mineral business.’
- ‘He is a consultant in displays and electro-optics in Los Altos, CA.’
- ‘An array of onboard sensors, infrared, radar, and electro-optics can be used to gather information, record it, and download it after the mission.’
- ‘Fortunately, the electro-optics segment stands to benefit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.