Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting a hydraulic system that is powered or controlled electrically.
- ‘Steering is ‘Smooth’ due to power assistance via an electro-hydraulic system that requires just three turns from lock to lock.’
- ‘Their test stands have been developed to cover a vast array of hydraulic, electro-hydraulic and specialist equipment.’
- ‘The convertible will be sold as a four-seater with a hood powered by an electro-hydraulic system.’
- ‘This can be achieved because of the electro-hydraulic power steering which operates independently of the engine by a variable intensity electric pump.’
- ‘The turret and weapon elevation is controlled by an electro-hydraulic system with manual backup.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.