One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a hydraulic system that is powered or controlled electrically.
- ‘Their test stands have been developed to cover a vast array of hydraulic, electro-hydraulic and specialist equipment.’
- ‘This can be achieved because of the electro-hydraulic power steering which operates independently of the engine by a variable intensity electric pump.’
- ‘The turret and weapon elevation is controlled by an electro-hydraulic system with manual backup.’
- ‘The convertible will be sold as a four-seater with a hood powered by an electro-hydraulic system.’
- ‘Steering is ‘Smooth’ due to power assistance via an electro-hydraulic system that requires just three turns from lock to lock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.