One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who installs and maintains electrical equipment.
- ‘Mechanics, electricians, and drafters are another 5 to 10 percent of the employees.’
- ‘The discovery was made by an electrician engaged in rewiring.’
- ‘You may need a licensed electrician to install the circuit for an exterior location.’
- ‘Today we finally had the electricians in to rewire the bedroom so I couldn't do any more work in there.’
- ‘Plumbers and electricians already have to be licensed.’
- ‘A number of local electricians did all the electrical work in the new sports hall in a few hours on Saturday morning last.’
- ‘If your premises doesn't have one already you will need to get a competent electrician to install one first.’
- ‘If not, you will have to have an electrician install a new, larger circuit box or a secondary box.’
- ‘Both my basement and kitchen were recently renovated, with the electrical work done by electricians.’
- ‘Plumbers and electricians working on construction sites in Queensland will strike for two weeks starting February 26.’
- ‘An electrician wired them for low-voltage bulbs and linked them on timers so they go on at dusk.’
- ‘On the recommendation of a friend I hired an electrician to do rewiring in my office.’
- ‘Usually, they are not plumbers or electricians and consequently lack the esoteric knowledge common to those trades.’
- ‘Here huge numbers of smart plumbers, electricians and engineers are needed, but construction companies cannot get enough qualified people.’
- ‘Experienced stage technicians and electricians are on call to make sure every detail of the mockup is expertly installed.’
- ‘Members also discussed tenders from electricians to commission and install Christmas lights for 2005.’
- ‘You may need to call in an electrician or a plumber to rearrange some wires or pipes if you cannot do this yourself.’
- ‘The union represents electricians, plumbers, cooks and maintenance staff and says the planned strike is the latest step in a long-running pay row.’
- ‘The shorter working week is in line with conditions of electricians at every other electrical contractor throughout the state.’
- ‘Overseeing a crew of 40-odd plumbers, carpenters, electricians and sculptors, he says it cost far more than was warranted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.