One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of the force exerted upon a substance or body to the resultant deformation.
- ‘The instantaneous and equilibrium elastic moduli and the apparent viscosity of the cell were significantly decreased by hypoosmotic stress, but were unchanged by hyperosmotic stress.’
- ‘A linear statics analysis, for example, will require an elastic modulus, Poisson's ratio and perhaps a density for each material.’
- ‘With this nanometer-scale indenter, a dynamic elastic modulus of 0.021 MPa was obtained.’
- ‘The advantage of the new approach is that the elastic modulus associated with shear waves varies greatly between different types of tissue.’
- ‘But like the body waves, surface waves give ratios of elastic moduli to density.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.