One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellowish fibre composed chiefly of elastin and occurring in networks or sheets which give elasticity to tissues in the body.‘the fibrous capsule contains elastic fibres and sensory nerves’
- ‘The capsule and trabeculae are composed of collagen and elastic fibers and some smooth muscle fibers.’
- ‘The muscle layer becomes the dominant structure and is composed of smooth muscle and elastic fibers.’
- ‘It has been demonstrated that lysozyme is increased in human pulmonary emphysema and preferentially binds to elastic fibers in the pulmonary parenchyma.’
- ‘Similarly, Yuan and colleagues reported that collagen and elastic fibers contribute to tissue elasticity during normal breathing.’
- ‘The changes in tissue mechanics were accompanied by deposition of collagen and elastic fibers in the alveolar septa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.