Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1(in the US) an elevated railway, especially that in Chicago.
- ‘Ive been riding the El nearly every day for about 17 months now.’
- ‘Sometimes riding the el at midnight takes one on a journey far deeper than merely underground.’
- 1.1A train running on an elevated railway.‘the el rumbled by’
- ‘Riding the el or train should is a nice option, however, the street should not be in this bad a condition.’
- ‘Riding the El train will never be the same.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.