Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device that causes something to be removed or to drop out.‘support guides fitted with ejectors assist in the removal of the board under test’
- ‘When pressures get high on rifles with plunger type ejectors, the case head actually deforms into the hole just a bit.’
- ‘The gun is fitted with automatic ejectors that proved positive in the field and can be easily disengaged if so desired.’
- ‘Double triggers and selective automatic ejectors are standard.’
- ‘A machined steel block has holes for both barrels, tracks for the ejectors and the barrel locking surfaces.’
- ‘The rifle is equipped with ejectors that throw the empty cases clear of the gun when the action is opened.’
- ‘The Grade I gun has extractors while the Grade II has ejectors.’
- ‘Here is a close-up of the three lugged bolt, slotted for a mechanical ejector and the beefy claw extractor.’
- ‘The adapter accepts and positions a regular 1911 magazine for feeding and incorporates a little pin on the left side that serves as the new ejector.’
- ‘The ship is fitted with two submerged signal ejectors, small vertical discharge tubes which can launch either acoustic or bubble decoys.’
- ‘The ejector is a fixed mechanical type unlike the small, spring-loaded extractors of other design.’
- ‘Some ultra-conservative purists feel even internal hammers and automatic ejectors are going too far; the proper double, they say, should have external hammers and simple extractors.’
- ‘An adjustable mold stop comes with an automatic ejector, and an adjustable mold clamp accommodates different mold thicknesses.’
- ‘A touch is all that is needed to lube delicate trigger mechanisms, firing pins, ejectors, extractors and springs.’
- ‘For example, many popular actions use spring-loaded plunger ejectors in the bolt face to eject spent cases.’
- ‘Mechanically, removable tubes function just like original barrels, even their ejectors or extractors work off the gun's primary ones.’
- ‘The slot on the bolt face for the ejector is below the left locking lug.’
- ‘If your shotgun sports automatic ejectors, slide a couple of dummy shells into the chambers and make sure they will eject properly.’
- ‘The extractor is large and sturdy, and the bolt features a plunger ejector.’
- ‘When baled there is a chain ejector to allow for simple, trouble-free ejection from the chamber.’
- ‘It will have an extractor to pull the fired shell out of the chamber, and an ejector to kick it out of the gun.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.