One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lively Scottish dance for eight people.
- ‘Improving muscle tone also works wonders, so keep up the eightsome reels.’
- ‘Exiled clansmen and their ladies danced the eightsome reel, the military two-step and slow Scottish waltzes to the music of a bag-piper.’
- ‘Forget all about rowdy post-wedding dances where an eightsome is an excuse to throw women around, reels are danced energetically but correctly.’
- ‘I've even done the odd eightsome reel, which is as close as anyone should get to folk dancing.’
- ‘St Andrew's Day looms and expatriate Scots are turning their thoughts to home, eightsome reels and sheep intestines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.