Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A quantum-mechanical state corresponding to an eigenvalue of a wave equation.
- ‘The reader should take note that an important visual component of both images is the representation of the electron eigenstates - wavelike structures - within the corrals.’
- ‘You will clearly hear more than you ever wanted to know about wave functions and eigenstates in the course of this book.’
- ‘The effect of the protein is modeled as an external field acting on the unperturbed eigenstates of the chromophore.’
- ‘Mathematica aside: it is fairly easy to see that superposing two eigenstates of O corresponding to different eigenvalues will give a state that cannot be a simple eigenstate of O.’
- ‘The unperturbed eigenstates should be calculated over a set of different configurations.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.