One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large African goose with a dark patch around the eye and either reddish-brown or greyish-brown upper parts.
- ‘In their tropical African home Egyptian geese frequent rivers, marshes and lakes resorting to a wide range of nesting sites.’
- ‘This constant feeding of the water birds has not only attracted a large number of birds but also a good variety of species including the odd Egyptian goose and Mandarin ducks’
- ‘The water birds hovering around the lake include pelicans, spoonbills, Egyptian geese and hammerkops.’
- ‘Flocks of birds, including large ducks, Egyptian geese and dabchicks, were coated in oil on Wednesday.’
- ‘Herons, Egyptian geese, stilts and sandpipers are already frequent visitors to the site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.