One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is obsessively egotistical or self-centred.‘he is a raving egomaniac’
- ‘Hockey in this country has suffered more than most at the hands of egomaniacs who have run it to the ground.’
- ‘Why should we be forced to pay million-pound wages to assuage the egos of these egomaniacs, we cry?’
- ‘Blogging can bring out the self-absorbed egomaniac in anyone.’
- ‘Many Americans saw her as a calculating, cold egomaniac who was hell-bent on taking the presidency for herself.’
- ‘He was portrayed as a raging egomaniac.’
- ‘He's got long hair, he loves everything purple, and he's a massive egomaniac.’
- ‘Is it any wonder that the public's perception of science is that of a bunch of boring egomaniacs jargonizing endlessly about trivialities?’
- ‘But it's a good laugh - what sort of an egomaniac puts that rubbish about themself on the internet anyway?’
- ‘There are many readers who see me as a body-obsessed egomaniac.’
- ‘He's done some great things, but this doesn't alter the fact that he's a deluded egomaniac.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.