One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bald man.‘I told him he was my favourite eggshell blond’
- ‘A man who was totally bald, a real egg-shell blond, was looking in the mirror.’
- ‘He was in his thirties and, like so many Australian athletes, an eggshell blonde.’
- ‘The only good thing was that, with his clean shaven head—an egg-shell blond we called it at home—nobody had recognised him.’
- ‘I have often wondered how Charlie replies to the question on official forms where it says 'Colour of hair'; I would submit that the most appropriate answer would be 'Eggshell blonde'.’
- ‘As a fellow "Skinhead" may I say I am sure we will all miss very much our eggshell blond with the soft centre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.