One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drink consisting of rum, brandy, or other alcohol mixed with beaten egg, milk, and sugar.
- ‘Non-alcoholic drinks I like are almost any type of fruit juice (I never got to drink much of this last year, and I got such cravings for it, it was incredible), coke, coffee, anything chocolatey, egg-nog, and iced coffee.’
- ‘Even though eggnog is a traditional seasonal beverage, you may not expect it in a latte.’
- ‘I'll make eggnog and set out special ornaments and wrap presents with 20 different kinds of paper and color-coordinated ribbon.’
- ‘There are parties with spiked eggnog and trees adorned with colors and stars and angels.’
- ‘If you are pounding a lot of the holiday cheer, sucking down the egg-nog like it's going out of style and generally getting merry, let someone else pilot the car if that's how you are travelling and you've had too much.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.