One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drink consisting of rum, brandy, or other alcohol mixed with beaten egg, milk, and sugar.
- ‘I'll make eggnog and set out special ornaments and wrap presents with 20 different kinds of paper and color-coordinated ribbon.’
- ‘There are parties with spiked eggnog and trees adorned with colors and stars and angels.’
- ‘Non-alcoholic drinks I like are almost any type of fruit juice (I never got to drink much of this last year, and I got such cravings for it, it was incredible), coke, coffee, anything chocolatey, egg-nog, and iced coffee.’
- ‘If you are pounding a lot of the holiday cheer, sucking down the egg-nog like it's going out of style and generally getting merry, let someone else pilot the car if that's how you are travelling and you've had too much.’
- ‘Even though eggnog is a traditional seasonal beverage, you may not expect it in a latte.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.