One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He parried each attack with apparent effortlessness.’
- ‘Does any journalist today write with the elegance and effortlessness that he did?’
- ‘Most modern performance tends to erase all evidence of the work that goes into playing: virtuosity is defined as effortlessness.’
- ‘There is a fluency and effortlessness about her poetry, not just in the cadence, but also in the flow of thought and how a metaphor moves to a conclusion.’
- ‘A certain effortlessness is also expected of those who play for a living.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.