One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agent that brings a thing into being or initiates a change.
- ‘By contrast, intelligent design as he sees it is about final causes, not efficient causes.’
- ‘Aristotle, however, does not regard efficient causes as radically different from material and formal causes.’
- ‘However, on a deeper level, there must be an efficient cause to explain why a city-state acquires its constitution in the first place.’
- ‘The agent intellect, according to this explanation, is the intrinsic efficient cause of the soul.’
- ‘It would not surprise many to hear that the professional study of religion was a more efficient cause of secularization than the natural sciences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.