One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is attractive music, in which there is not a trace of effeteness.’
- ‘The U.S. premiere revealed a company with an expansive, athletic, yet centered style of movement that eradicates any lingering notion of English effeteness.’
- ‘For the last several days, crime has taken on hitherto unheard of proportions - almost daily on radio, TV and in the print media, the public is reminded of the apparent effeteness of the police in the face of mounting crime.’
- ‘For all his surface effeteness, he never lacked courageous depths.’
- ‘Phillips has cultivated a certain effeteness of prose style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.