One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For all his surface effeteness, he never lacked courageous depths.’
- ‘The U.S. premiere revealed a company with an expansive, athletic, yet centered style of movement that eradicates any lingering notion of English effeteness.’
- ‘Phillips has cultivated a certain effeteness of prose style.’
- ‘This is attractive music, in which there is not a trace of effeteness.’
- ‘For the last several days, crime has taken on hitherto unheard of proportions - almost daily on radio, TV and in the print media, the public is reminded of the apparent effeteness of the police in the face of mounting crime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.