One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On the other hand, this over-investment in his appearance marks the king's continuing effeminacy.’
- ‘The merest hint of effeminacy is treated as treachery to masculinity, and traitors are subjected to the kinds of violence suffered by women.’
- ‘It is interesting that one of the biggest selling books of the summer noted, and advocated, this shift towards effeminacy.’
- ‘While the charge of effeminacy had been leveled at adult men for centuries, by the twentieth century the label was applied to little children.’
- ‘On the other hand, the ancient revulsion against emasculation, effeminacy, and males assuming, or forced into, the passive role of females is far less pervasive today.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.