One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Configuration management primarily tracks changes, identifies revisions, and controls effectivity.’
- ‘She also examines the speed of the net, applying it to arguments about the effectivity of hate speech.’
- ‘First, none of these critics of a commonsense doctrine of agency deny that the subject or representations of the subject exert significant effects, nor do they deny the subject a kind of social effectivity or agency.’
- ‘He argues that local media forms are important sense-making mechanisms, operating at the level of personal effectivity, for assimilating the constantly changing media-scape.’
- ‘The effectivity of masquerade lies precisely in its potential to manufacture a distance from the image, to generate a problematic within which the image is manipulable, producible, and readable by the woman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.