One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The degree to which something is successful in producing a desired result; success.‘the effectiveness of the treatment’
success, successfulness, efficacy, productiveness, fruitfulness, potency, powerView synonyms
- ‘Assessments of effectiveness would be done during the period and at the end of the phase.’
- ‘Such constraints restrict the effectiveness of all humanitarian interventions.’
- ‘He would argue that their effectiveness depends on the support of major powers.’
- ‘They have been put in place over centuries to protect the effectiveness of the fighting force.’
- ‘What it may lack in song structure it makes up for in real, tangible, effectiveness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.