One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The level of demand that represents a real intention to purchase by people with the means to pay.
- ‘Conceivably effective demand and real income could be increased just as readily as a consequence of the lower prices from the removal of all levies on imported goods.’
- ‘The key point is that the effect of a lower price level on real aggregate effective demand is not the same as the effect of a falling price level or expectations of a falling price level.’
- ‘This opens the way for state intervention to regulate the level of effective demand to secure full employment.’
- ‘For many governments it is a primary duty to control the level of total effective demand for goods and services.’
- ‘When the normal limit to the field of employment has been exceeded, the desire to save forms capital faster than the population and its effective demand increases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.