One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a strange and frightening manner.‘their footsteps echoed eerily’as submodifier ‘the streets are eerily quiet’
- ‘He plays a talented sculptor who has made a living making his wax creations look eerily lifelike.’
- ‘In front of him stood a masked man clutching a knife in one hand, grinning eerily at him.’
- ‘I found myself in downtown Chicago and the city was eerily deserted.’
- ‘The main complex loomed before them, eerily lit by the setting sun and the fire.’
- ‘If the above description sounds eerily familiar, it should.’
- ‘And the rain hammered the villa from all sides and the wind howled eerily, wanting to get in.’
- ‘These holiday season signs seem eerily out of place in this grief-stricken city.’
- ‘Attempting to convey an epic feel on a low budget, the movie introduces us to an amnesiac protagonist who wakes up to an eerily empty London.’
- ‘Some of the windows had shutters that were eerily creaking in the slight breeze.’
- ‘He defied the wishes of his family concerning his career in a manner eerily prophetic of his son.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.