One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for editress
- ‘The pretentious editrix kept asking him to point out why Target was so déclassé and how they were conning the masses, but all he could say was ‘Don't you get it?’
- ‘Choosing a fellow jet-setter as an assistant to the icy Vogue editrix is a wise pimp move.’
- ‘The editrix of British Vogue joined the cream of British womanhood Women Achievers who lunched with Queen Elizabeth on March 11th.’
- ‘After waiting 90 minutes for the show to start, the editrix finally lost her wintry cool.’
- ‘The terrorizing managing editrix of the Star, is widely considered toast now that publisher has got the sack.’
Early 20th century: from editor + -trix.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.