One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room containing equipment for editing film or video material.
- ‘Equally, almost all music used on TV is dubbed behind or between a voice over and/or sound effects so the simpler the music, the easier it is for this to be done in the edit suite.’
- ‘This is great for freelancers and the industry in general as productions can be completed at more competitive rates and the huge investment in both camera gear and edit suites doesn't break the bank like it used to.’
- ‘The battlefield provides all the things that make hearts beat just that little bit faster in the edit suite: bewildered children, stories of heroism, evil that makes you weep, triumph over tragedy or just plain tragedy.’
- ‘But we still got very emotional many times in the edit suite.’
- ‘Taking wing on a flight of fancy for just a moment, there may even come a day when footage will be shot and edited entirely on-board the camera, cutting out the edit suite altogether.’
- ‘Wildwood House conjures up images of an Agatha Christie novel, but the sleek edit suites and studios contained within its walls tell a different story.’
- ‘Davies has an edit suite at home and cuts together match footage to analyse.’
- ‘As I was leaving, the staff told me my chores for the next morning - not suspecting I would be in the edit suite at Small World Productions instead, assembling evidence of cruelty and incompetence.’
- ‘For all that, the edit suite is the usual tiny room full of television screens, where every day hour upon hour of raw footage is reduced to a 30-minute package.’
- ‘And you will need a three machine edit suite or a non-linear computer editing system to achieve this.’
- ‘Because of its price point, post facilities could afford to install the same mixing desk in both main rooms and edit suites.’
- ‘I had a really good relationship with the team - they were excellent in the edit suite, and had great things to say.’
- ‘‘I promise,’ Adele nodded and Gus squeezed her shoulder before heading into the edit suite babbling about footage of refugees.’
- ‘Each edit suite, for example, will have its own storage and delivery requirements, as well as inflow/delivery of media based on the desired operator toolset.’
- ‘You got the best view of Sydney skyline from there and the compact office packed with cabins and edit suites seemed to be a cozy place to work.’
- ‘Six months on, Frears is in a Soho edit suite, finishing his film - to be released on November 25.’
- ‘But how do I teach a whole class how to use a camera and an edit suite in one lesson per week?’
- ‘The production and broadcast complex currently houses an on-air studio and control room, 10 edit suites and a number of news-preparation workstations.’
- ‘Each student will produce a short, simple video, shot on Hi 8 tape and edited to the SVHS format in the off-line edit suite.’
- ‘One film had gone through the mill of mishaps and survived until it reached the edit suite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.