One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An act of defecating.‘he raced out to the john for an Edgar Britt’
- ‘Those snakes make great pets, just don't feed them till after you are sure they have had an Edgar Britt.’
- ‘I hope I am not squatting in the scrub having an “Edgar Britt” as you come by.’
- ‘I nearly had an 'Edgar Britt' in me shorts when ya jumped out like that.’
- ‘Dogs after an "Edgar Britt" use that in marking their territory.’
- 1.1the Edgar Britts Diarrhoea.‘it gives you a violent headache and a good dose of the Edgar Britts’
- ‘'You give me the Edgar Britts, sometimes.'’
- ‘I don't know where or when it started, but it has given me the Edgar Britts for a long long time.’
- ‘I'm stuffed, wake about 2 am and, fair dinkum, I got the best dose of the Edgar Britts I can ever remember.’
- ‘This is starting to give me the Edgar Britts big time.’
- ‘The POWs sang about how the captors gave them the 'Edgar Britts'.’
1960s: rhyming slang for ‘shit’, from the name of the Australian jockey Edgar Britt.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.