One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A parasite, such as a flea, that lives on the outside of its host.Compare with endoparasite
- ‘Several ectoparasite species often infect the same nest, and host responses against one parasite could affect the fitness of other ectoparasites and modify ectoparasite communities.’
- ‘The negative association between the two ectoparasites suggests that hen fleas could impose selection pressures on the evolution of Protocalliphora life history traits.’
- ‘Cavity-nesting hosts will often face ectoparasites during reproduction.’
- ‘We measured various indicators of male health and condition, including the intensity of infection from ectoparasites and blood parasites.’
- ‘Fifth, we test for correlations between ectoparasites and blood parasites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.