One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tourism directed towards exotic, often threatened, natural environments, intended to support conservation efforts and observe wildlife.
- ‘The natural beauty and relatively healthy and safe environment have potential for tourism and ecotourism.’
- ‘Junín community members want to continue with sustainable development based on ecotourism in the neighbouring ecological preserve.’
- ‘Shrubbery and tree branches are used as sawdust and fodder for fires that generate steam for energy and land has been set aside for ecotourism.’
- ‘Better than ecotourism is staying close to home and finding other ways of enjoying our leisure.’
- ‘The other big challenge lies in looking at the mountainous areas where ecotourism is starting to become a very popular activity.’
- ‘They will learn what to avoid and what to apply in terms of improving ecotourism's environmental and social performance.’
- ‘As more and more of the world's tour operators are beginning to acknowledge, ecotourism has to live up to its green claims.’
- ‘She also pursued ecotourism, building cabanas and dormitories that now house visitors and school groups.’
- ‘Failing this, the conservation outcomes of ecotourism may be less favorable.’
- ‘Billed as ‘The Nature Island of the Caribbean,’ recent efforts promote cultural ecotourism.’
- ‘Hardly an upstart, Maho Bay is instead a pioneer in small-scale, tent-based ecotourism.’
- ‘Costa Rica has pioneered what's now become known as ecotourism, traveling in harmony with nature.’
- ‘And, like ecotourism itself, there are wide variations in the types and rigor of these certification programs.’
- ‘That ecotourism is one of Belize's tickets to development is at least partially a result of the environmental history of Belize.’
- ‘Second, I was on my way to visit one of the pioneers in community-based ecotourism.’
- ‘The conference touched on many things, but none more deeply than the fragile environment that still exists around the very concept of ecotourism.’
- ‘He knows that financial rewards such as those brought in by ecotourism are of great benefit.’
- ‘The crowning event, last month's Summit in Canada, was the largest worldwide gathering on ecotourism ever held.’
- ‘Now it is coming out with ecotourism programs to attract tourists.’
- ‘The 10 trips profiled here are mere snapshots of the rapidly growing world of ecotourism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.