One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounAustralian, NZ
The theory that efficiency and productivity should be the primary measures of economic success.‘we're reversing the damage done by economic rationalism to social wellbeing’
- ‘Howard's New Liberals have almost completely crunched liberalism, which is all about cultural and economic rationalism, and a small state.’
- ‘In Australia, the current conservative agenda is for small government and economic rationalism.’
- ‘The dual modalities of crisis and economic rationalism are framing the current movement into Internet-based teaching.’
- ‘This heralded a major penetration of economic rationalism into education.’
- ‘In this analysis we have concentrated on identifying the linguistic resources which facilitate social practices supporting economic rationalism.’
- ‘In much contemporary architecture, economic rationalism has eliminated the lyrical, the poetic, the social or the environmental.’
- ‘Since then he has made his name as an uncompromising critic of corporate greed and economic rationalism.’
- ‘Feminism, at its best, fights against patriarchy, against colonialism, against ageism, against economic rationalism.’
- ‘There is an ongoing debate about the influence "economic rationalism" has in Canberra.’
- ‘His book proposes an alternative to the prevailing economic rationalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.