Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of tourist accommodation designed to have the minimum possible impact on the natural environment in which it is situated.
- ‘New trends are therefore expected besides the Damascene house conversion syndrome, which is to spread to Bosra and Al-Qunaitera in the southwest, where ecolodges will be established.’
- ‘An ecolodge only accessible by plane and boat (they'll pick you up from Cairns airport), with just 17 rooms, it's tucked in the rainforest, overlooking the dreary-sounding but wonderful - looking Weary Bay.’
- ‘The Manu Biosphere is 7,700 square miles of cloud forest between Peru and Brazil - book your ecolodge for the full Amazonian jungle experience.’
- ‘Condominia on barrier reefs, hotels on exotic beaches, private homes on earthquake fault lines, and ecolodges in volcanic zones are becoming more common.’
- ‘In addition to these, there are a host of wildlife refuges, marine parks, biological reserves and privately established preserves and ecolodges.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.